On the that day war broke out, few nations imagined they would soon be forced to conduct land warfare outside Europe. As a result, when the war reached North Africa, both men and machines were ill-prepared for the harsh demands of a desert campaign.
But history is a testament to the calibre of leadership, ingenuity and resolve of those who fought under such harsh conditions. Thanks in part to its long-established presence in far-flung corners of the globe; no army would display these qualities better than the British Commonwealth Forces.
- A complete British Army set including: 42 British infantrymen, 24 Crusader tanks, 6 25-pounder guns and 3 anti-tank weapons.
- New rules including: the "Stiff Upper Lip" so common to the British Commonwealth Forces, the Motorised Divisions and "Artillery Bravery" of the Italian Royal Army and a new class of embedded equipment pieces - the Special Weapon Assets!
- 44 new double-sided Terrain tiles including: escarpments, ergs & ridges, coastlines, desert airstrips, HQ & supply tents, oasis, wadis...
- 10 Round Markers: British medals, minefield tokens and "Exit" markers.
- 4 Obstacles including: desert bunkers and roadblocks.
14 new Special Forces badges including: including the British SAS, Royal Engineers and an assortment of Italian badges.
- 8 Historical Scenarios: from the tank disaster of Operation Battleaxe at Halfaya Pass to the relief of the Siege of Tobruk in Operation Crusader; 5 scenarios cover the drawn-out engagement of the Battle of Gazala!
In order to make the North-African battles more realistic, you can use the Winter/Desert Board, sold separately. With the board, you will also find some simplified campaign rules to connect several battles into a campaign and Blitz rules to play the scenarios occurring in the early years of WWII.
Requires: Memoir '44 to play.
Contents: see description